4.07.2010

questions

We're in limbo right now. So that leaves me a lot of time to think about where we'll end up. Now that I have had time to think about it, the future is scary! But then I find a picture like the one above and it makes me feel better. Micah and I are always smiling, so the future shouldn't be as scary when we're together, right? {Micah had just hit me in the head...on accident of course, but we just laughed}

But now that we have a little bun in the oven there's even MORE to think about. There's a few things that I had wanted to be done, such as school. Now I'm not regretting that I'm not graduated, I never liked people who always looked back and thought "what if..." It's my own fault that I'm not graduated yet. Not that I'm going to stop after I have the baby either, it just puts a delay in plans.

We're also living with Micah's parents, which we are so grateful for, because we have had the opportunity to pay off bills, and start saving. But sometimes I get so frustrated at where this is all leading to! We know we'll be here for another 4 months. So that's a start somewhere, right?

Then what will I do for a career once I graduate? I was a nanny, well...more like the mother and father for this family in California. So I definitely know that I do not want a full time job with somebody caring for my children. But I do know that I want a part time gig doing something, something that is beneficial to me, something that makes me feel successful, and of course something that will use my hard earned work at college (what's the point of getting a degree if I'm not going to use it?)

Then I remember of what my parents did for me. I slept in a drawer with a pillow in it when I was an infant. I didn't know the difference, I was happy, clean, and loved. My parents didn't have a concrete plan, other than my dad working full time to provide, that was about it. SoWHY in the world am I worrying sooo much?! I really don't know. But I do know that I will graduate from USU, that we will end up in our own home, that we will have a child here soon, that we have friends and family who love us, and lots of pictures of Micah and I smiling. And that's good enough for me right now!

5 comments:

Julianne Howes said...

The future is scary... but things are much LESS scary when we someone by our side, through the thick and thin, good and bad. Keep smiling!

Rebecca said...

I love your attitude! I didn't have everything figured out either when I was pregnant. When it came time that we were gonna start trying to have a family I had doubts and wondered if we should put it off until everything was all figured out. I'm so glad we didn't. I couldn't imagine life any better than it is now. And it's amazing how things just fall into place. The future is scary but just keep smiling your way through it. Everything will work out and you won't ever look back. :)

Taylor, Jeniece, Baby Kayana said...

Tawni I'm so happy for you!! Such a wonderful experience for you guys. Hope everything goes well and you love your new life!

Brit said...

the uncertainty about the future never really goes away. At first it's all about how to provide for the new baby, and where will we live, and can we afford a home? and then it's will we have money for lessons and sports, and what preschool do we go to? and then it's paying for college, and saving for retirement....

the trick is, like you said, to enjoy the phase of life while you're in it. do your best to plan, but be flexible with what comes up. if you live a good life and are a good person (which you and Micah are) then the good Lord takes care of you.

Liz Taylor said...

Your attitude is perfect! It is scary to think about the future and I agree. You'll be just fine I am so happy for the both of you! Keep being positive and you'll go far!
-Liz