6.08.2011

Camping Fun


We know camping isn't for everyone - but we love it! Imagine no cell phone interruptions, no internet to tempt you to surf, no tv to watch. Just plain ol board games and real conversations with family and friends to keep us entertained.


It was so beautiful every day - I love waking up to a beautiful view everyday like this one:

I loved my childhood. I grew up as a "tomboy" I ran around the mountainside shooting birds and chipmunks with pellet guns. I can ride dirt bikes, snowmobiles, and four wheelers. I can stay up in the mountains and have as much fun as a week at a beach.

It's the one place I can go makeup free and not feel ugly. The preferred look is a dirt mustache from all the dust while you are on the four wheelers.

Don't get me wrong I love showers and getting all dressed up. But when I can keep with my husband and explore trails it makes me feel young again.

But the one thing I don't do is tent camping. We are fifth-wheel campers with a bathroom and water to keep us "semi-clean", generator to watch a dvd at night, and keep the a/c going if it's 100 degrees. And a mattress to sleep on at night. Hmmmm...now that I think about it maybe we aren't really "campers".

All I know is Isla will be growing up camping - so I hope she'll love it as much as I did. And good thing I married a man that loves loves LOVES to be up in the mountains. In fact I think he would be a mountain man if I would let him.

And did I forget to mention S'MORES?? They'll be the death of me. Yummmmmmy.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm So glad you guys had fun! I love the dirt mustaches!

K S & R said...

It looks like so much fun! We haven't been able to go out this year yet... we only have a tent, so it's been too cold! :) But we're definitely looking forward to getting up in the mountains soon!