12.07.2009

Top 8 Reasons I LOVE winter...

I'm a cold person. Really, my body runs a 1/2 - 1 degree colder than the normal 98.6 degrees. I was raised in northern Utah, a COLD place, and yet I shiver constantly. For this reason, I hate hate hate Winter. But always trying to look at the glass half-full, I have come up with some reasons to LOVE Winter:

#1: Watching Micah snowboard. He's an awesome snowboarder, he looks so graceful when he's carving down the mountain. Before we got married he would work his school schedule around the snowboarding season; classes MWF, snowboarding T/TH/SA. He hates it when I tell him he looks so graceful. But he does. We've concluded that I will be a skier, since I've broken my wrist 3 times attempting to snowboard.

#2: Christmas concerts. Micah's talented sister and brother-in-law, Britt & Matt, are AMAZING musicians. Britt is wicked good @ playing/teaching the cello, and Matt is a great singer. So great and amazing that Britt is a member of the Orchestra at Temple Square, and Matt is a member of the Mormon Tabernacle Choir. So they are so nice and kind enough to score us some tickets to the Christmas concert every year (THANK YOU GARDNERS!!)

#3: Sweaters, cardigans, layers, layers, and layers. I can now officially wear so many layers to keep warm, that no one can give me a second look because it's OK to wear 3 layers + a coat without looking weird.

#4: Hats, and scarves. Accessories, need I say more?


#5: HOT CHOCOLATE WITH WHIP CREAM!! Yum. I'm not a fan of marshmallows, but I'm a huge fan of whip cream. Just the regular hot chocolate is my fav, none of that mint, vanilla, hazelnut stuff.

#6: Presents. I love to get presents, don't get me wrong, but this is the time of year that I get to pull out that "secretive" bin that has all these random things I have found throughout the year, on clearance or sale, that I put away for gifts. I love to find out what people really want, or need, and they have no idea that I had remembered! PLUS Micah's birthday is Dec. 15, so I try to be as giving as he is on my birthday, so he doesn't get "Jipped" for his birthday and christmas.

#7: HAND WARMERS, or feet warmers, either one works for me. These things are the BEST for cold people like me. I saw that they have a huge box of these at Sam's Club...Hmmm, need I drop any more hints?! ha ha jk.
#8: Snowblocks on cars. Micah thinks this is the weirdest thing. But I LOVE to kick these snow blocks off cars. It's just something I've always enjoyed doing. In my mind it's like I'm a kid again and it's gives me a sense of fulfillment.


4 comments:

brooke said...

i think i might have to try those hand warmers out this year - they look fabulous! i broke my wrist snowboarding too, so i refuse to ever do it again haha.

Mr. & Mrs. Smith said...

I love your optimism! I hate winter too, but love the positives you brought up! The snowblocks on cars are my favorite too! Nick can't understand why either...he always walks ahead of me as I kick them off cars in parking lots! I hope you guys are loving Salt Lake! We want to move down so bad! Have a very Merry Christmas!

Brit said...

try hot chocolate with a big scoop of vanilla ice cream in it....dreamy!

K S & R said...

Way to look at the "bright" side! ;) Thanks for making me realize it's not ALL horrible!