2.18.2010

grateful too

reading one of my friends blogs, dana and wes, it was so inspiring. sometimes you don't realize how lucky we are to have a significant other in each other's lives, until you don't get to communicate for a little while.

they're in germany right now, while he is in the army. they won't get to have much communication for about a month, and she has to come back to the states go get some good ol' usa hospital care.

i'm lucky and grateful for my job with micah. since i work as a receptionist at his dad's work, micah will call in throughout the day to talk to one of the agents, and i get to chat with him for a minute each call. then we get home around 5 and get to spend the rest of the night together, even go to the gym (ok ok you caught us, we've been slacking) but dana made me realize that i am grateful for the chance to clean up after him, have two sets of ironing to do, have two different shoes to put away at night, and two different folding techniques in laundry. and it's all worth it :)

so thank you dana. i'll look forward to more ironing tonight!

2 comments:

Brit said...

hear hear. sometimes when take a step back the little annoyances go away and you can refocus on what a blessing it is to have each other. That's important for every couple to do.

Dana said...

Thanks for reading my blog Tawni! I'm glad that somebody can take something good away from my crappy situation :) I may joke, but I really do mean that. We sure miss you guys! When are you two going to come visit us in Europe?? What do you think about you + me + shopping in Paris? :)