8.30.2010

Silly Wishes.

When I was in Highschool I would tell myself that I would love to be married to someone who wore a button-down shirt and tie to work. Very professional looking. How naive was I?

Well I got my dream - my hubby works in a tie and shirt Monday-Friday. Then add in another tie and shirt for Sunday. Oh wait, he just got called to be the Young Men's Secretary - so occasionally another tie and shirt for meetings, and this week is the Court of Honor.

So let's see if my maths correct...that equals 6 shirts every week to be washed, laundered, and ironed (pants too) and maybe 7 shirts on some weeks. Now some may be asking "Well why can't you just drop them off at the dry cleaners?"- that would be great...if it was in our budget! That would be heavenly.

So I wish I could go back in time and bop me on the head for EVER wishing for a husband who works in a tie and shirt for their job. Because the reality it, who's going to be ironing and washing those professional looking attire? Oh yes - THE WIFE!!

Oh well...I have to get back to ironing my pile of death now.

5 comments:

Jake and Lena B. said...

oh my heck tawn, that seriously sucks.

RileyandChristinaShaw said...

Hey I was blog surfing and ran across your blog! Congratulations on the pregnancy!!Yea I'm with you there about having a husband that works in a tie and shirt. My husband works works at Zion's bank corporate office:) Isn't laundry so fun:) jk.

Wes and Dani said...

Yeah that would drive me nuts...but on the other hand he probably looks super-sexy! :) Button up shirts and ties just make guys look so much better that T-Shirts, etc.

abichristi said...

Or, Micah could get a new job as a stripper---no clothes to be laundered at all!

Brit said...

or he could take a cue from Matt and iron his own shirts...