10.12.2010

Isla Love





(*Gaye! We don't have a picture of you and her yet!! We need to correct this!)

We're so happy to report how wonderful Isla is doing. She's such a good baby and loves snuggling with anyone. We had her first photo shoot with Jacque and can't wait to see the rest of the pictures (the pumpkin one was the only one she sent us)

She has her daddy's nose, cupids bow lip, and pretty certain his blue eyes. But maybe she has my hair - but then again I was born with black hair, and her's is a dark brown.

Everyone has been so amazing with helping us out, cooking, cleaning, ironing, etc. My mom got to stay with us for a week and it was great to spend some time with her. Some other news is that we moved. Again. Now that's it's over it's kind of funny. Kind of.

We had been living in the basement apartment and even though it was a great family and amazing ward we just weren't getting an 8 hour block of time to sleep. They had teenagers and they would stay up til 10:30 or 11pm, and then the mom would get up at 5am, then people were up and getting ready until 8:30 am.

So now we're in Cottonwood Heights in an apartment, that is so quiet :) Mommy and Daddy are now getting some sleep. We are about done with all the unpacking and organizing. But I don't suggest moving with a one week baby! Even though I didn't do anything - lifting, unpacking, organizing. It was still stressful! Now that Isla and I are getting into a routine I'm excited to start exercising and getting my body back in shape!!

4 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

Yay! Congrats on your sweet new baby! She is beautiful and I'm glad everything went smoothly with her delivery. (kind of.)

K S & R said...

Moving with a newborn?? Ah! I'm so glad you have a quiet place though! Such adorable pics with grandparents! And I love the pumpkin pic too! She's so beautiful. Congrats again. Love you!

abichristi said...

Precious, precious! She is so beautiful and peaceful. Glad to have you closer when we visit!

Meghan said...

She is adorable! How fun, I'm so excited to have a little one around too. You are going to be such a good mommy!