10.04.2010

Isla Karla Platt





Isla Karla Platt
October 1, 2010
6:50 am
6lbs 15oz
19.5 in

Well Isla decided to show up last Friday. We had a doctor's appointment on Wednesday and I wasn't dilated yet, so I was a little dissapointed because I was closed tight with only a week to my due date. But knowing she was still healthier baking inside me we just shrugged our shoulders and was excited for the next appointment.

Thursday morning at 6 am I woke up with Micah because I had noticed I was leaking a little, Micah was joking that it was probably my water that had just broken. So he must have had the gift of foresight, because around 1 o'clock I called the doctor's office because I had "leaked" through four pads that morning. The nurse called back to say to go into labor and delivery so that they could check if it was my water, or mucus plug.

So I called my boss and told him that I needed to go have some things checked out and I would be back later that afternoon. Needless to say I lied. They promptly told me to change out of my cute high heels and professional work attire because I was going to be having a baby.

I was still shocked and figured I should probably call Micah once they hooked the Pitocin up to me to get me dilated. Hooping and hollering Micah left the office telling every and anyone that we were having a baby.

In fact it was posted on Facebook before I could even call my family. That stinker. I'm going to take his phone away, or atleast remove Facebook.

By 6:30 I was dilated to a 2 and in came the epidural. By 3 am I was finally fully dilated and ready to push. We did some practice pushing without the doctor and she came down fast. I was so excited that it was going to be any moment. But slowly 4:30am, 5am, 6am,6:30am passed by with me pushing and still no baby. She was so close but not moving anywhere, the doctor decided a little help was needed so out came the vacuum and he discovered that her umbilical cord was wrapped under her left arm, around the back of her neck and down the other arm, making her shoulders from being able to go down.

So he popped one of her shoulders out, and she came at 6:50am. I was exhausted from hunger, and from pushing for 2 hours straight. But glad that she was finally out.

She's healthy and been great at the breastfeeding. We love her so much and can't wait to see more of her personality.

12 comments:

Julianne Howes said...

Congratulations new mommy and daddy! What a sweet little angel she is! I'm sorry labor was so tough! It made me sooo tired just reading what you went through, but I'm glad she got here safe and sound!!! Yay!

Jake and Lena B. said...

She's here!!!! How exciting! I hope you get some good rest during the first few weeks...well, months...hahaha. Your new little family is beautiful Tawni. Enjoy these moments... :)

Rebecca said...

I can't believe she's here!! So exciting! She is a beauitful baby girl. Sorry labor was so rough. But once they put Isla in your arms it made it all worth it, huh? :) Hope things continue to go well. Congrats you guys!

Kristin and Dan said...

Congratulations!!! We need to come visit your new little family sometime when you're up to it and meet this little girl! So exciting!

Kristin and Dan said...

Congratulations!!! We need to come visit your new little family sometime when you're up to it and meet this little girl! So exciting!

Unknown said...

Congrats! So glad everything went well during labor.

brooke said...

so excited for you guys!! she is beautiful! can't wait for more pics and to meet her in person.

K S & R said...

I'm glad to hear the whole story! I'm sorry you had to wait during such a long labor though; but that's over! yeah!! More pics! More pics! :) She's adorable and you look great! Love you!

becky and lance said...

CONGRATULATIONS you guys!!! she is absolutely adorable! can't wait to see more pictures!

Ellen Oates said...

Way to go, Tawni! You did it! She is beautiful. I can't wait to see her in person.

ren said...

Congratulations Micah and Tawni!!! She is such a beautiful baby! We're so happy for you guys!!! We'd love to meet her when you're up to it! Glad to hear mommy and baby are healthy and well! Congrats again :)

Anonymous said...

Yeah! She's so cute! That is a very early morning baby! I hope she sleeps well and that you are doing great with the adjustments! Can't wait to see more pics!