12.13.2010

Isla's Blessing

December 5th
11 a.m.
Hyrum 1st Ward
It was a cold foggy day. But Isla was shining in her blessing dress that Grandma Gaysie (Micah's Momma) had made for her, from this:
To this:
Isn't it stunning?! She hand-beaded all the pin tucks on the bottom, to the lace and pearls up top. I was in tears when she showed it to me the first time. I am jealous of this talent Gaye has, and I couldn't of imagined it more perfect than what she did.


And of course it wasn't complete without some shoes that Gaye hand-dyed ivory:

As for the blessing done by Micah, it was so special - and I'm not one to cry and tear up at things like this, but when Micah was done, I had the silent tears rolling down.
I just love that we can be together forever, and that Isla has such a great family that loves her, and friends of ours that love her just as much. We thank everyone for trekking up to Cache Valley and for all their help at the luncheon -Chili and yummy cinnamon rolls- what a special day that we'll treasure in our hearts and memories!


4 comments:

Jake and Lena B. said...

oh Tawni She is beautiful!! I wish i could squeeze those chipmunk cheeks!! She's too cute. I hate that I can't see her and hold her! I hope you are holding up well and getting some sort of sleep. :) You look fabulous....butthead. lol.

ren said...

Isla's dress is amazing!! You are so lucky to have such a talented mother-in-law in your life. It is the most beautiful dress! You all look so happy and beautiful! I'm so happy you had such a special day :)

Ellen Oates said...

So sad that we could not be there, but our nephew was blessed on the same day at 9 a.m down in Pleasant Grove and there was no way we could do both. I am glad it was special and wonderful! That dress is absolutely amazing! Way to go grandma!

K S & R said...

For real?? That's your wedding dress? What an awesome idea! It's beautiful! See you soon! :)