2.14.2011

I like them big, I like them round...

Isla has a theme song. We sing it every morning when we get some breakfast.

"I like them big, I like them Chun-ky, I like them Rou-und, I like them Fun-ky!" She totally loves that song.


Most of her weight are in those cheeks ;) I love to gobble them up throughout the day! She's been growing like crazy, and is about 16.5 lbs now, and 4.5 months old.

So since I'm a stay-at-home momma what am I to do?! (ha ha kidding, there's not enough hours in the day with cleaning, laundry, cooking, and school) But I do make her homemade food during the downtime, it's pretty easy, cheap, and makes a lot of food...but it does take some prep time..













I know there are baby food makers that steam, and puree all in one. But we had everything in our kitchen without having to go out and buying some more baby stuff ;) She loves sweet potatoes, peas, avacados, and bananas so far!
We cooked up peas and decided some carrots to try at the end of this week. I love watching her facial expressions every time she tries a new food...too funny!

5 comments:

Jake and Lena B. said...

I need to kiss those cheeks!!!! Tawni, she is so dang cute!!!!!! It's a good thing I live far away, or I would take her home!! :)

Rebecca said...

You are supermom! How did you do the peas? I never pureed peas because I was intimated by them..haha. I just heard they were hard to get smooth but yours look great!

Isla's such a cutie! I can't believe how fast she is growing up!

brooke said...

love those cheeks... she is such a doll! i'm super impressed that you make your own baby food! i've heard it's such a cheaper and healthier way to go.

brooke said...

hey, could you email me your guys' address? i want to make sure you get a wedding invite :)
brooked99@gmail.com
thanks!

ren said...

Yum, that looks delish! You're such a good momma!!