3.12.2010

attention all mama's!

Funny story yesterday evening. I understand mom's can get so preoccupied and busy out shopping. Especially with 3 children, ages 6, 3, and a 7 month old (guessing on the ages), not to mention being on a cell phone.

So I pulled up to Joann's fabric store {I have a cute project I've been working on, but can't show it just yet} and as I was parking I looked up and saw this mom with her 3 children, with a baby carrier in the shopping cart. She was putting the two older kiddos into their seats, and while her back was turned the cart started rolling away {with the 7 month old in it} and hit a SUV 3 parking spots down.

"Oh! Poor baby, hopefully that didn't hurt too hard." I thought to myself. So I got out and the mom was still talking on the phone, and just kept on walking to the driver door.... SHE HAD FORGOT HER CHILD IN THE CART! I ran over {in high heels, more like shuffling} grabbed the cart and was trying to get the ladies attention. She thought I was just trying to get by her, so she was waving me on {she's STILL on her cell phone} Then my worst thoughts came to happen, she started to drive off slowly, I started to shuffle beside her van telling her to stop. I had to pick up the child carrier and show her that her child wasn't with her.

She stops and slams her cell phone shut, gets out of the car, SHOCKED, that she had forgotten her baby girl, and starts apologizing, telling me she wasn't the worst mom in the world.

I thought that it was funny. horrifying. shocking. and in the end it was hilarious {because I had caught the mom in time, and wasn't left standing in a parking lot memorizing a license plate number and calling the police}

But PLEASE don't forget your child in shopping cart in a Joann's parking lot. It's just too much for us good citizens to handle.

2 comments:

Shannon said...

Oh my gosh. One time I was at Wal-mart and there was a mom and dad and three kids. Probably like a 4 year old and then twins in baby carriers. The mom was checking out and the dad took the 4 year old out to the car. Well the mom pays and then walks ALL THE WAY OUT OF THE STORE, leaving the twins in the cart at the register. Well the cart was behind her and she thought the dad had taken the twins out too. It was soo freaky, everyone around was going hysterical that these people had left their babies in Wal-mart. A minute later the mom comes RUNNING, SCREAMING back into the store and grabs the babies. Oh man, it was crazy.

Wes and Dani said...

Wow that is insane! LOL good thing you caught her! I wonder if you hadn't have seen that happen how far she would've gotten before she realized she'd left her baby in the parking lot.