5.03.2010

we l.o.v.e logan


logan will always hold a special place in our hearts. it's where we met. our first kiss. where micah proposed to me. where we started our lives as a married couple. our first home. utah state university. basketball games. friends that will last a lifetime. and it's where i grew up.

we love salt lake too. it's just nice to get back up to where we're both comfortable and we can leave the house at 5:00 p.m. and not have as much traffic as salt lake.

my dad and siblings live in providence {right outside of logan} and we love to visit. my sister's baby, kairie, is now 9 months and is so spoiled with love. she's a growler. and micah loves playing with her. we can't wait to meet our little girl.

micah loves my dad's work. it's a giant playplace for grown up men. my dad owns a cnc swiss machining shop. he makes medical parts for the body. back screws. bone screws. the device that puts the screws in the body. and even screws that go up into space on shuttles. he's a metal expert. my dad gets to design these parts on the computer and then has to make a program for the machines to use them. HE actually uses GEOMETRY all the time {see? some people in the world use that stuff} i obviously did not get that mathematic genius gene. darn.

but it's the TOYS that he gets to use for the shop that makes it so neat. air compressors. milling machines. sandblasters. microscopes. craftsman toolboxes everywhere. computers in every corner. lathes. a forklift. micah is in guy heaven with all the fun stuff. me? i like the plastic gloves that they have to use to handle all the medical parts. but my dad just got a new toy for the shop. and i'm pretty sure a little birdie told him what i wanted for my upcoming birthday...





isn't she perty? i have been talking to micah about a canon digital slr camera for awhile now. BUT if i get this guy then i can "borrow" my dad's micro lens that costs more than the camera body itself:


you see i told my dad and micah that i "needed" it. you know with the baby coming and all that. and with this micro lens with image stabilizing i can get all the cute fine details of the fingernails and lips. sure the lens that the camera will come with will do just fine. and with the addition of my ever growing knowledge of photoshop i could do wonderful things ;) i just remind my dad and micah that a girl likes the fun toys too.

2 comments:

Julianne Howes said...

I have the D5000 and I love it!! You will use it a ton and it's great for so many different things!

Anonymous said...

Hey Tawn, congrats on the baby news. That is awesome. I can't wait to watch for your prego pictures. It's going to be crazy seeing tiny Tawni turn into a mommy. Take care and enjoy this blessing.