7.12.2010

23

I have been HORRIBLE at taking pictures lately. Like this weekend, it was my birthday and I didn't take one picture. Call it laziness ;)

But 23 years old seems weird. When I was in High School it seemed forever away, and now all of a sudden it just came out of nowhere. But I tried to think back to what I envisioned I would be at 23.

I would be graduated from College
I would be thinking about getting married
I would have traveled to different countries
I'd have a SWEET sports car
I would be working in a big city
I'd have money to save and shop for cute clothes ;)

But life doesn't always turn out how you would think when you were a teenager:

I met an amazing guy age 17, who turned out to be my husband at age 20.
I have traveled within the U.S. with my hubby
We've lived in 5 different places in 3 years
We live near a "big" city, but don't work there
I drive a very safety enhanced VW Jetta
We're expecting our first baby in Oct (aaahhh crazy)
I have 8 classes left til graduation (woo hoo)
Our savings go toward more important things, not shopping ;)
I couldn't be more happier!

This week is also special because it's been 5 years since Micah and I met, I was still a "baby" at age 17, and he was just off his mission. A week later I wasn't jail-bait and it was ok to ask me out on a date. We just LOVE July.

So as you know we went to San Diego, and that was a big part of my birthday. I received some shopping $$ from the Platts, and I also got my Oakley Restless Sunglasses, that I still love.
My dad got me a JVC camcorder, which is great because now we can film baby Isla every moment now ;) Don't worry, it won't be used during labor. Just after when she's all cleaned up and ready to go!
Micah spoiled me and took me out to dinner Friday night at Hamiltons in Logan, and I got some yummy homemade crepes for my birthday breakfast! Not to mention him painting and installing lights in the baby room.

We were so worn out from this weekend! We got to go and hang out with the Platts at Bear Lake with their boat, got some sun (Micah got too much sun) and hang out with friends later that night for a BBQ.

I'm officially spoiled! Or loved :)

1 comment:

abichristi said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!
Life always turns out better than we can plan it! Enjoy the pampering--you deserve it!