7.30.2010

Loved already :)

Yesterday night Micah's sister, Brittany, threw me a baby shower :) It was so good to see great friends and family that ventured out. Isla is loved and spoiled already! I forgot my camera, so I'll probably steal pics from Brit when she posts them.

Micah put together the travel system last night, and was so excited that he was pushing it everywhere in our place...and our place is by no means spacious, so he did a lot of laps ;) He's also putting in some tire goo because the biggest complaint about this jogger stroller was flat tires.

The cradle still needs to be assembled, but I think I'll leave that up to Micah again! Not that I'm not capable, but Micah loves to do those things.

Do you see that blue blanket on the couch - to the right of the pic? Grandma Pink made that blanket when Micah was a youngin' and Gaye has been storing it in her cedar chest all this time. I love that the Platt's think of these things so early on in life :) Isla will love it because it's a silky-type of material and so soft.

Brit is still finishing up her gift...but I won't give it away because it is so amazing what she does for the new babies in the family!

Alright, I've been promising pictures of Baby I's room...still not quite finished, but you can see what it looks like right now.

Here's the before pic:
Here's the "after" pic. Paint, new light, and carpet.

Clothes, toys, and clothes everywhere right now. I've organized that pile too. I've found that babies come with a lot of stuff EVERYWHERE! ha ha.

But here is a good before and after pic, this is our "office nook" right outside of Isla's room.

After:

Micah spray painted the wicker baskets, painted his old desk and put new hardware on it. Sooo much better!

We FINALLY get to do the crib this weekend!! So I'll get to posting that pic when we paint it and get the armoire and clothes all organized.

3 comments:

Jake and Lena B. said...

yay for new babies!!
She will be coming before you know it!! I'm so excited to see the final "after" pic of that baby's room! ;)

Jake and Lena B. said...

Oh and I LOVE LOVE LOVE that green on the wicker baskets! So cute!

megan and darin said...

i love the color of the babes room. if i had a house i would paint every single wall that color. i have to give you props for not painting it pink!