3.13.2011

Crafts

Micah's momma is so good to me. She's always so thoughtful, and this past month she gave me a great gift. Her old sewing machine that she got when she was a sophomore in highschool. It works great, and I can now get to all those cute projects that I see all over the blogging world!
Gaye pulled out this cute little turquoise box and told me that this was the best thing ever. She opened it up and it was a buttonholer. "I wish my machine had a good buttonholer like this one is." It's perfect, and I have the perfect project for this.

Here's Isla's Fisher Price Space Saver Highchair. I love it. I just hook it to a chair, and she's good to go. It has different positions, the tray is easy removable, and it can be put in the dishwasher. But it looks a little masculine. So one of my crafty blogs re did her cover.

Here's what I have so far. The binding is taking a little longer, because I have to be very patient and accurate.

The buttonholer will be perfect because the straps have to come on through the fabric.

It's been 5 years since my last sewing project, so there's a couple mistakes, I didn't want to cut my old highchair cover up for the pattern, so I guess-timated my own pattern, and you all know how that goes...but it actually turned out pretty good.

I have made a mommy BFF in my apartment building. We go on walks, take treats to eachother, watch babies if one of us has to do an errand, trade a night a month for date night. It's great to have her around. She's crafty, hip, a good baker, cook, and funny.

She made her little boy this bird mobile:

(except for the bottom bird that looks like he's hanging) So she has a stockpile of fabric and let me go through it and pick out some fabric for a mobile for isla. I'm so excited to finish it this week.

2 comments:

Kristin and Dan said...

Yay, how fun! Your high chair cover looks really cute so far, you'll have to post pics when its finished all the way! Dan got me a sewing machine for Christmas, and I love having one of my own too! Happy crafting to you!!

Anonymous said...

You are my mommy BFF too!!! I love living so close!:) And I cannot wait to see your birdie mobile!