3.16.2011

Staying Up Late, New Ride, No Twins

Isla decided that she didn't want to go to bed just yet. She stayed up until 10:30 pm. But mommy was so tired. Isla was tired too, she just didn't want to admit it. So she snuggled even more so than usual. But I didn't mind - especially when she was this snuggly.
Note the tired eyes of isla. She was being so silly I just couldn't keep a serious face when she was jabbering about her long day.


This is Isla's BFF Bostyn - he lives on the top floor. Don't let their sizes fool you - Isla is a little bigger for her age, and Boss-man is a little smaller. He's 3 1/2 months older than Isla. He's an energetic little guy - always on the move! Crawling, standing up, and now he's wanting to hold anything and take assisted steps.

Isla just watches him and you can see she's asking "Why are you always on the move??" Only because Isla is more on the chill side of life ;)




Ok, ok. Don't let the above picture of these two little angels fool you. It's more like this the other 98% of the time:


I have a whole new admiration for mommas and daddys with two close in age, or twins. They are a handful. A very cute handful though.

Random picture of me and my siblings tuesday night at the Texas Roadhouse in Logan. We hardly ever get pictures together! But isn't that just life when all of the kids are grown up, having kids and careers?!

Isla has been enjoying growing. In fact she's really great at it. So much that mommy was such a weakling and decided she was just getting too big to carry around in her infant carseat.
I had been debating about this subject for a couple weeks. Then the decision was made that since she was 27 inches long, and 21 lbs (with clothes, diaper, and blankets) and the infant carseat went up to 30 lbs max, and 30 inches long that it was on with the new convertible carseat.
After lots and lots of research we decided (and when I say "we" I mean me...) that it was the the Britax "cowmooflage". Of course it's highly rated in safety, and her head doesn't roll forward when she sleeps. Now I really have to stick to a schedule!! Before I could just throw her in a carseat and let her fall asleep, now I have to wake her up everytime we get out and in. Oh well, the life of a growing baby :( bittersweet.
So since we aren't planning on having kiddos in the near future, we decided to sell the carseat. But on investigation it wasn't going to get a lot of money unless I sold the whole travel system. But I L.O.V.E. the jogging stroller. It's a babytrend. We use it a lot. So of course I went looking to see if they sold the jogging stroller separately online. Nope.
But they had a pink one in the same edition at Babies R Us, and we're 5 minutes away from that store. So I put the traveling system on ksl and 45 minutes later it was sold. Cue bittersweet moments again.
But Isla loves the forward-facing stroller. And she's digging the pink.

Have I mentioned that I'm just madly in love with these two yet??

Who knew carseat and strollers would cause this much research and grief???

3 comments:

Rebecca said...

I know what you mean by carseats causing so much greif! I have been researching a convertible for B for the past 5 months! I wanted one that had high safety ratings, was cute, had a high rear-facing weight limit, that would fit her until she moved to a booster, that wasn't too bulky, AND a decent price. But I figure a carseat is something that we can be picky on, right? :)

Loooove the cowmooflauge. So cute!

Isla is an absolute doll. It was fun getting together with you guys!

Jake and Lena B. said...

she is a big girl!!! :) yes, I agree, it was time for her to have a bigger car seat. I hope you keep her rear-facing though....she needs to be a year old before you turn her around. (It's against the law too ;)) I couldn't wait to get my kids in big car seats too!!! Just make sure she is safe. :)

Anonymous said...

All your new stuff is so Cute! Oh My gosh HOW did you get that picture of Isla and Boston both still? SO CUTE!!! I love that they are buddies. Boston is in LOVE with you two!