3.24.2011

So sick.

Baby Isla - Tuesday was by far the worst day you've had yet. We went up to Logan so you could wish Grandma Maisie a Happy Birthday but you started throwing up ALOT. We couldn't keep anything down you and you were MISERABLE. I thought that it was teething because you had cold like symptoms since Saturday afternoon. But vomiting is NOT part of the teething process I was assured from nurses, mommys, and google.

Mommy and Daddy had a rookie parent move - we kept trying to feed you a bottle of your formula, Aunt Ashley came to the rescue and told mommy that she needed to get some Pedialyte down you because it had been 9 hours since you had something to eat. Mommy and Daddy couldn't believe they never thought of that. Good thing we have some great advice around us. You drank it up and it stayed down - you went into a deep sleep after that.

The next morning you woke up after 12 hours of straight sleep SMILING. I was still worried because I didn't know what to look for after the spout of throw up. So I called our "on-call" nurse, Katie Marcheschi, who works as an R.N. at Primary Children's Hospital on the surgical floor. She gave me some great tips, watching for a wet diaper, poop, tracking your temperature, don't go too long on pedialyte alone, and to make sure to rush you to your pediatrician if you didn't keep anything down in the next couple of hours.

I was really worried. I felt so helpless. I held you all day long. I was in tears because I was so upset at how sick you were. But I'm glad you're feeling better. We love you and your smiles.

p.s. you now have some hair that a flower can clip too! yeah!

Travis, Grandma Maisie, Ashley, Ryan, Me, Isla, and Micah at Texas Roadhouse for my mom's birthday. The girls went and got some pedicures - i've taken a break ALL Winter from pedicures, it was heavenly.
Micah and I tested our marriage on Wednesday night. He let me cut his hair. Crazy right? I thought that it was a good idea, my sister had gone to cosmetology school and showed me one time how to do it on Micah. So Micah picked up a walmart kit and I dived right in...well until I made the first buzz, and thought to myself:
"This is a really bad idea. Wow that was a lot of hair. Oh my gosh, what if I mess up?? He has a meeting tomorrow, some appointments, if I mess up we'll have to BUZZ the whole thing... what was I thinking?!?!"
50 minutes later....


Micah still loves me. and I made him PINKY PROMISE that I did a good job and he wasn't just saying it because I'm his wife. He promised I actually did a really good job, and he was surprised himself.

3 comments:

K S & R said...

Poor baby :( I'm glad she's doing better! Tawn you're as awesome hairstylist!!!

Brit said...

I'm so glad baby girl is doing better! It can be so scary when they're sick :( You guys are great parents!

Anonymous said...

love to see happy Isla! And it's true you did a great job with Micahs hair!