9.30.2009

New Job

Since we've moved down to the Salt Lake area I've started a new job @ Platt Insurance Agency as the receptionist :) We are so grateful for Micah's dad for allowing me to interview for the job. It's been fun learning about the insurance world, I now have questions for Micah regarding terms that I hear at work.

I also get to get spoiled with an iMac there too, I think that I might be a big fan of the Mac's now. They are so easy-to-use, pretty to look, starts up quick, and they don't take up a lot of space. I have told Micah that we need to invest in one now, ha ha.

Micah is loving working at Auto Owner's Insurance Company, he is a 'Personal Lines Underwriter'. He's the guy your insurance agent would call to verify that you can insure the person. It's also nice because his work schedule is 8-4:30 Monday-Friday, and my work schedule is 12-5 Monday-Friday, so I can do my homework and housework in the morning, and then we have the night to talk and play.

I have also taken on the wifely duty of starting to make more dinners for Micah. Now...we all know me, I'm not a big fan of cooking, baking is fun, but cooking is a chore for me. But lately I have found myself wanting to have a meal ready for Micah when he gets home (today, I made a casserole he can pop in the oven) I love him so much for providing for our little family, and the least I can do is keep the house clean, laundry, and cooking. Micah has always been awesome at sharing the workload with me though, and he always takes the pups out for walks all the time.

School is going great, I have online classes, but ouch! They're expensive!! Micah has taken all of the classes that I'm in right now, so it's awesome to get a second opinion on assignments.

Travee is coming back on October 21! I am so excited, I have missed my little brother. He will only be back for 2 1/2 months and then back on the road again :( But I won't dwell on that, we will have fun while he's here for the holidays :)

We've also made plans to visit my mom November 27th for the weekend. She's been living on the reservation for about 5 months now, and all of us miss her so much! She hasn't met Kairie yet either, so it will be fun to see them meet for the first time. I'm also trying to schedule family pictures while we're down there, but it seems a little difficult being the Thanksgiving weekend! But if we have to go to Target then so be it!




3 comments:

Ellen Oates said...

Congrats on the job! You will be a great receptionist. I am so glad that you and Micah are happy and doing well. We still need to come down and visit this new pad and see what your life is like in Heramin.

Jake and Lena B. said...

I will just call you Mrs. Domestic! Cooking and cleaning....oh my! :) Things sound wonderful for you two...but my only concern is...WHERE IS THE BABY?!? Hehe...

Anonymous said...

It's going to be great to keep in touch with you this way. I'm so happy for your dad and all the happenings with your family! I read back and got caught up. It's crazy how things have changed since we were roommates. Good luck with everything. Miss you tons. Check us out at mondanboutdoors.blogspot.com.