6.21.2010

Happy DaddyO Day

I heart my dad. He's always soooo logical about everything. Until I get upset and need to talk, he knows that I need a hug.

He's always patient in explaining things, even when it should be obvious what I should know, he's always nice and decides to explain things "simpler", but he doesn't make me feel like an idiot.

He was an awesome dad and would take us snowmobiling, skiing, golfing, camping, fishing. One time we were at Hardware Ranch doing a day trip and on the way back we might have been going a little fast...60+ mph on snowmobiles. There was a cop and we didn't know he was a cop, so we just all waved and kept on going to our trailer. The cop finally caught up to us and gave my dad a looonggg lecture and ticket. After it was all over and done with, he turned to Travis and I and told us "You won't even mention this to your mother."

You see, he knew our limits and knew we were very capable of handling a snowmobile. He was never scared to give us a push and have fun. We became athletic and not afraid to try new things.




He loves spoiling each one of us, and he's an amazing grandpa to Kairie (ashley's baby) and he's so excited for his other granddaughter on the way. He makes sure to remind Micah and I that he's going to spoil her rotten, teach her everything I did to him when I was a baby, and then send her back to us.

He's way smart too. He worked his way from the bottom to the top in a Johnson and Johnson corporation that makes the medical parts for your body: bone screws, back screws, anchors, etc. to become the head honcho of the plant. He even has two patents for inserting anchors into your bones. AND designs the screws and everything else they manufacture on a computer and then programs them into the machines.

But he was tired of all the back East people, and the politics in a fortune 500 company and decided to say peace out and start up his own cnc swiss machining company. He's doing amazing and works on his own time now ;)

Best of all he loves the man I married, and told me what a great responsible smart man Micah is (but don't tell Micah that , keep it on the DL) and loves that he has another son to go golfing with.

So Happy DaddyO Day to all those amazing guys out there in our lives :)

No comments: