6.09.2010

the move

Well we have been in our new apartment for 3 1/2 days now. But holy moly did we have a lot of stuff. Poor baby Isla's room is full of non-baby things at this moment. And don't get me started on how much clothing we have. Too much. {In fact Micah has his assignment to go through his t-shirt collection and get rid of some}

But it was the fastest move we've ever done so far. Since most of our stuff was in my dad's snowmobile trailer for the past 4 months, we just parked it in the driveway and some amazing people unloaded. My job was to order people around {and I'm great at that!}

The scariest/funniest part was Micah. He HAD to play flag football that morning and guess who came out with a concussion? Yep. My hubby, on moving day. I had never dealt with a concussed person before, and it was weird. He kept asking the same questions over and over, he didn't remember that we were moving, and he didn't even know if they had won the game or not {they won} So new rule for Micah: no more playing sports on moving day.

Now the organizing part comes {ugh} poor Dave and Gaye still have to have some of our stuff over at their house - the Christmas decorations, winter clothing, extra blankets. Things that just don't fit at our new place because we know with baby on the way it's just going to get a lot more crowded with stuff.

I still need to upload photos, but I want to hang pictures and that way you can see the before, during, and after.

But "moving on" {ha ha sorry, couldn't resist} the pregnancy aches and pains are coming!

  • My left ear is constantly plugged, and I can hear my heartbeat.
  • I woke up @ 3 a.m. with a HUGE back pain
  • My teeth are tender, in fact the one I had a root canal on is starting to throb AGAIN
  • Headaches on and off
  • Slight spider veins in my feet
  • Mood swings {sorry Micah}
  • Weird dreams
  • Acid reflux
Sorry don't mean to complain. But I'm just getting not enough rest anymore, and that makes me a grumpy gus. Good thing Micah will still rub my back and joke around with me. But I have a lot of admiration for you momma's out there - good thing your kids are adorable and worth it!!

3 comments:

Jake and Lena B. said...

My left ear was always plugged too! It drove me crazy hearing my own voice in my head every time I talked! :) I went to my OBGYN and told her and she did this weird water treatment that cleaned out all the ear wax and there was a huge chunk of ear wax stuck in there!! So gross I know...but that fixed it! So go get it checked out. and it's just the beginning with acid reflux. uggg...hate it. I actually got a prescription from my do for prilosec. it's safe to use during pregnancy and it is a life saver!! Hang in there!! It's all worth it ;) Oh and it's totally fine to complain! You are making a HUMAN BEING...you have every right to complain!! lol.

Brit said...

oh the joys of the third trimester. It's like it's nature's way of getting you excited to pop the kiddo out and deal with the newborn stuff! Glad you're in your new place. Can't wait to come by tonight and see how it's improved since Saturday!
xoxo
B

K S & R said...

no sleep and acid reflux were my biggest complaints for sure. But you know what? The very second Ryon was born- everything felt normal again! So just hang on! I'm sorry I haven't kept up on your life very well, I just got the internet in our new apt and I'm trying to get caught back up!! Hopefully I'll see you soon!