1.22.2010

•1 Bed 1 Bath•

Sorry not a very good pic of our new place! After much searching we have a winner, a 1 bedroom 1 bath apartment. We found it while we were driving around Micah's work. We were getting really frustrated because all the nice and new places were income restricted. Which gets me mad because we're either stuck with a $1000 apartment that's new, or a $500 that is just crappy, and we might get a disease from living in it.

We're really happy with this place, it's in a great location (11400 S State Street) near the SouthTowne Mall, theatres, Nordstrom Rack, Micah's work, close to the freeway. They also have a racquetball room, and basketball room in the clubhouse.

But I am sacrificing storage. Remember our place now? If not let me remind you, I had soooo much storage I had 3 junk drawers (which I condensed down to 1 1/2) a pantry, a big hallway closet, a big laundry room with shelves, a guest bedroom closet, a walk-in master closet, tons of kitchen cabinets, and an attached garage.

Here's the master closet we have now (to the right is Micah's side that you can walk to):


This isn't the exact picture of the closet at the apartments. This is what it looks like...minus the bottom rod... and the walk-in part.

Now most of you (especially Shaughnessy right now) know me and clothes, and shoes, and purses, I need lots of closet space. This is a sacrifice I am willing to make to save $300 a month, and even more considering our utilities. Will I make it?! I don't have that answer right now. My head is spinning with the lack of storage in the apartment, and where all of our stuff is going to fit. But we'll make it! It may not look like a nice, clean, modern house with everything in its place, but I'm totally ok with that!!

But I may need some words of encouragement... ha ha.

5 comments:

K S & R said...

You WILL make it!! ;) You're a survivor!! If you need someone to help take a load off the accessories (we can NOT share clothes haha), then I would be more than happy to help! ;) I'm glad you found a good place!! Oh, and PS- I LOVE the mac!

Wes and Dani said...

I totally know how you feel--we are working on figuring out where we are going to live down in New Mexico, and pretty much everything is WAY expensive or cheap and scary....and the storage issue is a big problem for me as well. *SIGH*

Ellen Oates said...

I am so happy you guys found a place! You are close to my sister too, so when we come down to see her, we will just have to stop on by and see the new place! I hear you on the storage issue. We have only have one child and I feel like we are outgrowing our 3 bedroom apartment!

Brit said...

just bring your stuff over here, and swap it out when you need it. the only rent I'll charge for storing it here is to have permission to use some of your cute accessories now and then :)

Kristin and Dan said...

good luck with the move!!!