1.26.2010

•Getting Domestic•

Visiting my nieces and nephews yesterday night, one of them asked what I did for work. I paused and explained simple receptionist duties; answer the phone, answer simple questions, do the mailing, quote potential customers with auto-owners (micah's work), and of course tease everyone I can there.

But anyone who has been a receptionist knows that there is sometimes "down-time" between calls, and quotes. So I have had to fill in some of the void with a talent my Aunt Karla has taught me this past summer...CROCHETING!

I love how you can just pick up yarn and a hook and take it anywhere with you. I've been trying to find some crocheting patterns and here's the ones I'm working on:

I've finished this one and it's up with Kairie now, I have to get a picture of it on her still. It's brown with a cream flower.
I'm finishing this one up today, Micah had a great idea of putting a tiny flower on the ears, or ribbon.

And my latest find?!? I'm so excited about this one...Baby boots. Adorable.

Ha ha poor Kairie, she's going to be all crocheted out when I'm done. Ha ha. Atleast there adorable ;)

3 comments:

Wes and Dani said...

Those baby boots are ADORABLE! Please promise me when I have a baby that you will make me some?!?!?!?

Jared & Kayleen said...

I want some, Will you make some for the baby when we know what it is? It would be so cute to have a picture with Kinley and that Baby in them. You could totally sell them On Etsy too. Miss you!

Nielsen Family said...

I just got some new yarn and HAVE to try those boots! Where did you get the pattern from?!?!