9.20.2010

3 years


I know everyone says it, but I have to say it too...TIME FLIES BY FAST! Can it really be three years since we were married?!

I can still remember waking up at 6:00 a.m. that morning, Jeff (Micah's bro-in-law) dropping me off to get my hair and makeup done, which I blame my hairstyle on being sooo tired because I had stayed up most of the night chatting with two of my BFF's, Laura and Kiersten, not that it was a horrible hairstyle, it was beautiful, but I should have let it hang down, or half up half down, I was just too tired to really care that morning!

Micah came to get me and we were off to the temple! It was surreal driving there, we chatted about every day things and were in great moods, joking around like usual. It really hadn't hit us that we were going to become a family that lasts forever that morning. But we don't get sentimental about that stuff, it's just not our style ;)

Then time sped up as we went through the temple, raced to get dressed and get ready for pictures. Onto the fabulous and yummy luncheon at the Lion House, then we got a little break between then and the reception...during this break a really funny story...

****WARNING, this may be TMI FOR SOME EYES****


We were to be staying at the Anniversary Inn, Swiss Family Robinson room, yes the bed was up in a tree, and yes the shower was a waterfall. We were laughing our tooshies off. After a nice little break....micah decided he wanted to soak in the tub/waterfall shower. I just decided to sit on the side and wade my feet in it, because we still had the reception so I couldn't ruin my hair and makeup.

Micah sees a button, "Oooh, a button!" presses said button.

Now you all now about jetted tubs, the water line has to be past the jets, well it wasn't just yet. So when he pushed the button the water came shooting out like water guns....RIGHT AT MY FACE AND HAIR!!!

My makeup and bobby pins were in a different location at this moment. I tried to do the best I could to repair the damage. Micah is laughing his head off, literally rolling on the ground trying to catch his breathe. I kept shooting him glaring eyes every chance I could get.

Of course I ended up laughing too. That whole night it was a inside joke between the two of us, he would give me a glance and a wink and I knew what he was thinking about....my surprised and outraged face as the stream of two water jets hit me head-on.

But this funny story pretty much made my wedding day a fabulous/great/fantastic one. It was just Micah and I and we still reminisce about it.

****END OF STORY****

The rest of the day was spent laughing, and seeing old friends at the reception. I hope the food was great, Micah and I didn't get a chance to eat it, but we heard that it was pretty good ;) We used some of our wedding cash to buy us some Burger King on the way to the Inn that night.

Then we were off to our honeymoon the next day, a cruise to the Mexican Riviera. It was so fun, who knew I could have so much fun with one person for 7 whole days. But Micah is one amazing, fun person. I love him.

Now we're ready to get this baby out and start making some fun memories with her! Micah couldn't be happier, he is so excited to have a football watching buddy this season, and I couldn't be more happier than to allow her to be that buddy.




So what are we going to do tonight?? A daddy-daughter dance of course! Seriously though. I'm a activities day leader for the 10 year olds, and the dance was scheduled for last Friday, but then it was changed to today. Thinking that it was fine I said that day would work out just fine (I know I'm a horrible wife).

Then my partner called this morning saying that she has the stomach flu and couldn't make it. So I sat there thinking "What am I going to do?!?!" luckily Micah is a good sport and he's going to come with me to help serve the ICE CREAM SUNDAES - who in the heck would do ice cream sundaes with little girls in their pretty dresses?!? obviously our leader/director does - so that's we're we'll be tonight. But we'll hurry and escape to go grab some dinner somewhere, and laugh at our memorable 3rd year anniversary.

P.S. Micah got me the sweetest gift, a new addition to my charm bracelet - it's a "mama butterfly" with a "baby butterfly" for becoming a new mommy here soon. Aaaawwww he's so thoughtful!!!

1 comment:

Megan said...

Happy Anniversary! Your pictures are gorgeous.

(I'm Jeremy's girlfriend, Megan, by the way - I'm moving out that way this weekend. Don't think I'm a random stalker LOL)