9.23.2010

Car•KISS•Promotion

We've had a busy couple of days! I feel like when people tell me to get as much sleep as possible before baby Isla comes it seems I do the complete opposite! Yes I'm tired. But I'm having a blast with Micah these last couple days/weeks until baby shows up that I don't care anymore!

After some crazy calls between the car dealership and the lienholder (insert sigh of frustration through the process...) we finalized our new purchase, a 2010 Chevy Malibu!

After some discussion of our cash flow budget Micah and I decided that if we could find as many ways as possible to cut our expenses before baby comes then we should do it. So we traded in the jetta because it was coming up to 65,000 miles and would lose another couple grand in value, and there was no warranty. We wanted a car with a warranty.

We love the car and since it's American made it's cheaper on insurance. We have also sold the Mazda and Micah's AMAZING parents are letting us borrow an extra vehicle they have until we can pay for the Toyota FJ, and get it running :) So we basically got rid of a car payment, and saved on insurance, woo-hoo!



Last night our great friends Abby and Dewey got some tickets to the KISS concert here in Salt Lake. It was so much fun to hang out with them, and even though I only knew a handful of their songs it was fun to get out! Micah was in heaven :) Dewey and him were satisfied with hearing "Doctor Love" we left shortly afterwards and got some yummy dessert!

So we can now say Isla has been to her first "concert". Abby and I were cracking up over how old the KISS members were with their chest hair, and "moobs" ha ha. But beside that they really were entertaining, nothing too crazy or gross.



Last but not least...Micah got a promotion!!! He is going to be a Commercial Lines Underwriter for the Idaho territory. I'm so excited for him, he's such a hard worker, and his company just loves him! He's ecstatic because he feels like he knows Personal Lines well and wants to learn the Commercial side.

Oh, and we'll still be here in Utah, his company branch in Draper extends to the Idaho territories. So Isla will get to be by family!!

We just feel so blessed and grateful right now. So thanks to our families for all their prayers and help!! We LOVE you!

3 comments:

abichristi said...

Hey, the concert was great, but not nearly as good-lookin' as you driving up in your new car!
Thanks for the spontaneity--I love that the two of you are ready for anything.
The month before Dean was born Luke and I would go to the movies at 10 or 11 pm and stay out late--just cause we could. And then we didn't make it to the movies for 6 months! So have fun doing whatever you want, you can get plenty of sleep napping with little Isla.
Love you guys!

ren said...

You guys are the cutest!!! I love that you took little Isla to KISS! Class.ic. and I love the new car! It looks so nice!!! You and baby Isla will be so pretty driving around in it :)
Nick told me that you're in the same class, that is crazy!! We for sure need to get together! Thanks for your numbers! We'll give you guys a call within the next couple weeks...Wait. Baby I could be here any day, so you guys should call us depending on how you feel and everything! My # is 801.661.7370 and Nick's is 801.661.7293
I hope you're still feeling good- You look AMAZING!!! The cutest little pregnant momma! We're excited to meet your beautiful little lady, keep the updates coming! :)

Ellen Oates said...

Sounds like you guys are doing great! That is good to hear. Don't worry about the sleep, I don't know what those people are talking about! Most women are so uncomfortable or have to pee and can't get good sleep anyway.