9.15.2010

37 Weeks!


37 Weeks

We're considered "full term" this week! I've been pretty lucky with an "easy pregnancy" so far--all I can complain about it is the mild heartburn at night.

I had an appt this morning to check the normal things (sugar content, weight gain, blood pressure, baby heartbeat) everything is looking great still. We're down to the 1 week appts now - which means that we're counting down days, instead of months--scary!! It went by fast.

The Doc also checked to see if I'm dilated at all --nope --Baby Isla is a good listener already, she's doing the exact opposite with being up, and causing me the shortness of breathe feeling (We told her to stay in the tummy because Micah was gone this week)

I also get to go get a flu shot right after work today--which there is a surprisingly big debate with the pregnant world. My doctor encourages it because babies have to be 6 months old to get the flu shot, and if I am breast feeding she can get both the immunity and antibiotics. Plus I am prone to get the flu every Fall season--I haven't had the shot in 4 years, whoops.

Baby Weight Estimate: 6 1/3 lbs
Weight Gain: 27 lbs
Belly Measurement: 41.5 inches

PET PEEVES OF WHAT PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME:

"I'm sorry hun, she just doesn't look she's going to drop anytime soon."
"You don't need to smuggle a watermelon to a picnic..." (ok, this one was funny too)
"At least the weight hasn't gone to your face yet"
"Looks like your hips are widening"
"Don't get too anxious for baby, or else she could come early and have complications"
"You're still working?"
"Get all the rest you can get now, because once she's here you'll never get a peaceful day"

Who knows why people say things to pregnant women. My philosophy is every pregnancy is different, so what was true for somebody else's pregnancy could be total opposite for another. Pregnancy is an amazing thing so why ruin it by saying something unnecessary to the expectant couple?? Oh well I guess people have no filter.

FAVORITE THINGS PEOPLE HAVE TOLD ME:

"You are the cutest pregnant lady I've ever seen!"
"You can still wear high heels? Jealous. I had to stop because my feet swelled up too big at 6 months!"
"You have that whole glowing thing people talk about with pregnancy"
"She'll be a beautiful one with two good looking parents"

Most people are really nice, but when they aren't it just really "frosts my rockets"! They can ruin a good day fast with horror stories. So just a friendly reminder that NO pregnant person wants to hear about complications, be told they look like they have swollen feet, or that they're carrying twins.

7 comments:

Jake and Lena B. said...

Hooray! Full term! Exciting stuff is just around the corner! :)

Brit said...

you ARE a beautiful expectant mom! And congrats on making it to full term. Enjoy the next few weeks that come; both before and after Isla comes. Heaven is close when babies are small.

brooke said...

you look beautiful!

Liz Taylor said...

haha, I agree! Congrats on making it to 37 weeks! I still have another week and a half until "full term." I was told by my doctor that because I am short the baby will not drop either. Keep hanging in there. Not too much longer now!

abichristi said...

Tawni, you are glowingly beautiful while pregnant and any other time!

Rebecca said...

Oh don't even get me started on people saying not-so-nice things to pregnant women. Some people!! Ugh!

You really are a very cute pregnant lady! That pic of you makes me wish I would've gotten some professional pics done when I was pregnant. I can't believe how close it's getting! Baby Isla will be here soon! :)

Heather said...

Hi Tawni, this is Heather C. I just stumbled on your blog and thought I'd say hi. Your picture is just gorgeous and I'm so excited for you and your little one. good luck!