9.08.2010

Isla's First Talk

Dear Baby I -

The time is coming that you will soon be here. You're cradle is waiting, clothes washed, diapers are getting stocked up, and the carseat is going to be in the car. But first, we have to go over something important. Your daddy is leaving to Michigan all next week for work, and I know that it's still 2 1/2 weeks away from your due date at that time, but under no circumstances are you to make an appearance yet.

You'll be here soon enough, so just make sure to stay and bake in my tummy. If I have to stand upside down and rest in bed all next week I'll do it! I'll even take you being a few days over the due date just to ensure Daddy being here! (yes, I'm that willing!)

We're excited to meet you, but make sure that Daddy is here when you decide to come because I don't think I can handle him not being there holding my hand and whispering that he loves me. And we all know that he would be heartbroken not being able to see you right away, and being stuck in airplanes not being able to get here faster.

Thank you for understanding.

Love,

Mommy

2 comments:

Jake and Lena B. said...

Oh my heck....I can't believe you let Micah go! Hope she can stay and bake a little longer....I had BOTH my babies at 37 weeks and my SIL just had hers 2 weeks early! :)

Rebecca said...

Hopefully she's a good listener! ;) Chances are she'll definitely wait until her Daddy is back, especially where it's your first. Can't believe she's gonna be here so soon! How exciting!