4.04.2011

Sleep


  • Our sweet little girl has been getting up early early in the mornings for the past two weeks. Micah and I are now geting a little "tired" of this routine.

  • She goes to bed at 9 with the same routine - bath, cuddles, bottle, bed - then wakes up between 4:30am-5:30am playing and jabbering. We do the regular thing - we come in quietly, don't turn the lights on, change her diaper, we don't pick her up, turn on the mobile, and hope that she'll go back to bed.

  • But then every hour until 7:30am she'll just wake up. Never screaming or crying just awake and ready to go for the early morning. I've read some websites, a few books, but now I'll turn to my best resource - other mommas!

  • If you had this problem what did you do? Do they grow out of this?

  • I'll go and catch a morning nap and wait for your responses...

p.s. my blog is doing the annoying thing of grouping all my paragraphs into one, and i can only think of bulleting them at this point, sorry!

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

My advice is try putting her to bed earlier. I remember one of the books said something about how "Sleep begets sleep." It doesn't make sense but we gave it a shot and after moving B's bedtime up (I want to say it was around 5 months-ish?) she started sleeping 7 pm - 7 am. I know every baby is different and what works for one baby doesn't work for another, but this is what helped us. Good luck!

Julianne Howes said...

My advice is to make nap time shorter and read babywise! It'll solve everything.

Jared & Kayleen said...

Just let her be, don't go in until your ready for her to be up for the day, she my just be a morning person (lots of babies are.) Help her learn to put her self back to sleep if she doesn't know how. at night when you put her to bed make sure she is still awake so she just goes to sleep on her own not by being feed or rocked, that way when she wakes up in the morning and no one comes in she will just go back to sleep. For some babies it helps to have comfot items for my girls its little blanket I made them. They know that when they have that it's time to sleep. Good Luck

Brit said...

This can be so tricky! I totally agree with Rebecca's comment though: try an earlier bed time. It's seems counter intuitive, but we've tried it at least once with each of our girls and have found it to work. This last time we tried it, we moved bedtime from 8 pm to 730 pm, and found that they actually got up 30 minutes later than usual, giving them an entire extra hour of sleep. Good luck!